Sunday, October 21, 2007

Abortion: My Overall Opinion On It

Over the past about two weeks I have stated that I am against abortion, but said I understood a few situations. Some people are getting that confused with me justifying abortion and that is absolutely not what I'm doing. I think that having abortions is wrong...period. What I mean by my recent blogs is that such situations as the mother's life in danger and rape are understandable to me. I still don't agree with it, but I could sympathize with the mother. That's a hard decision. I don't know what I would do in either situation. Now with the issue of incest I wouldn't get myself in that situation at all because that's wrong already on so many different levels. Basically what I'm saying is. abortion is punishing an innocent child that should have the same chance at life as everyone else. I am absolutely against it and by no means am I justifying it, but if you were put in any of those three situations that I mentioned, what would you do? You might think you know what you would do, but you really don't until you actually have to experience it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fair enough- making the decision to risk your own life for the sake of an unborn child is a difficult one that no one can truly understand until they're in that situation, and it only becomes worse when you were raped.
Incest can be rather tricky, but it tends to fit under rape- older male relatives rape a girl who's too young to understand birth control and her own body, and then it often slides into the problem of the girl's life being at risk because her body can't support a baby.

Anonymous said...

I think that it can be justified if the mother was raped. First of all, the baby would be a constant reminder of the unfortunate event. I don't think that the mother could ever look at her baby the same way, or even treat it appropriately b/c everytime she looks at it, she will see the man who raped her...
Though I know it would be an extremely difficult choice, I think that I would have to have an abortion in the circumstances you mentioned. As hard of a choice that it would be, I think it would be best for all concerned...